New Build and Refurbishment of Eight Luxury Apartments
• Located within the Fortis Green Conservation Area in the London Borough of Haringey.
• Redtree initially purchased the building in 2017 as an investment comprising of four large apartments.
• The planning and development team at Redtree, working closely with Stephen Levrant Heritage Architects, successfully obtained planning permission for an additional mansard floor to accommodate a three bed penthouse apartment which was of enough quality that it was deemed to ‘preserve and enhance the Conservation Area’.
• As part of the roof extension application, Redtree also obtained permission to tint the existing brickwork in a heritage paint which removed the existing ‘extension scar’ seen on the western elevation. This provided a ‘heritage benefit’ which helped justify the roof extension in the ‘planning balance’.
• Through a separate planning application which involved rationalising the existing floors, moving the core, main entrance and infilling the side passageway, Redtree managed to obtain planning permission to rework the existing four apartments into seven apartments.
• The infilling of the side ground floor side passageway allowed Redtree to create roof terraces for both flats which were proposed on first floor level.
• Construction work is expected to commence in the second half of 2020.